Residential Tenancy Program
APB has worked with the Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS) and the Tenancy Resource and Advocacy Center (TRAC) to create a program designed to represent low-income individuals appearing before the Residential Tenancy Branch.
Need help with your residential tenancy matter?
Contact us by email (preferably) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604.482.3195 ext. 1500 and please indicate your full name, phone number and email address. We will try to get back to you within 2 business days.
Interested in Volunteering?
Lawyers, articled students, law graduates, and law students interested in joining the RTP can register here or contact us either at email@example.com or 604.482.3195 ext. 1500.
For more information about Tenancy law, consider the following resources:
Information on Tenancy Law
- Residential Tenancy Act
- Residential Tenancy Regulation
- Residential Tenancy Branch’s Rules of Procedure
- Policy Guideline
- Residential Tenancy Branch: Vancouver : 604.660.1020 ; Victoria: 250.387.1602 or elsewhere in BC at 1.800.665.8779
- TRAC (tenants only): TRAC Infoline at 604.255.0546 or at 1-800-665-1185
- UBC Law Students’ Legal Assistance Program’s Manual on Tenancy Law
- RTP Resources: https://tribunalprograms.wordpress.com/tribunal-programs-resources/residential-tenancy-program-resources/
Other programs and organizations providing free legal information and representation:
- APB’s Summary Legal Advice Program: 604.878.7400 or 1.877.762.6664.
- PovNet: “Find an Advocate” tool available
- UBC LSLAP: 604. 822. 5791 -
- TRAC (Tenants only): contact information above
- CLAS (Judicial Reviews): 604.685.3425
- AskanAdvocate.ca: provides online advocacy support in the areas of income assistance, disability, tenancy and housing, and other income supports.
- The Dispute Resolution Process:
- Residential Tenancy Law in British Columbia: